Tuesday, March 27, 2007

#22 I do not have any patience for ebooks. I can hardly stand to read a screen for very long; --my eyes tire of it very quickly. I did look at what's available and I'm glad to know there are free books that can be accessed because I may be able to refer a desperate customer them at some time. I was surpised to see that when I searched for "Little Women" on Project Gutenberg I got so many hits. It took so long to load the book that I didn't have time to go back and look at what some of the other things were, but I would like to do that at another time. I'd also like to see if they have a "search title" function so you can weed out all the stuff you don't want. I'm glad SJPL offers ebooks because they are sometimes the only information I can offer a customer on a topic if he needs it right away (no time to place a hold.)

I would probably use audiobooks if I spent a long time in the car each day. I've tried them on long plane trips but unfortunately I didn't pick titles that really grabbed me and I haven't finished an audio book yet. I guess I need to audition them before I waste ipod space on them.

No comments: