Monday, March 26, 2007

#19 Here's my LibraryThing link: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=wensley4 (Perhaps you will tell me why, even when I used the "insert link" option above I still didn't get a live link.)

LibraryThing is ok. I was surprised when choosing which site to use as a source for a record to attach my books to that Amazon was more helpful than LC. LC consistently had "(date?) after the title. Amazon let me see the dates of various editions. The books I listed, not necessarily my favorites--just titles I could think of, are not especially popular. My most popular book was #396 on the popularity list. I did look at the lists of some of the other people that had listed some of my books hoping to find other titles I would like or could use, but the results were disappointing. Maybe if the site catches on there will be more people and more books entered and that aspect will improve. Some of the recommendations were good, though. This could be an alternate place to Amazon to look for things I might like to read. I like that LT links you to Amazon, etc. so you can get more info on the recommendations immediately.

There were discussions about only 2 of my titles and the discussions really weren't about my titles anyway. The books were just mentioned in passing. So, so far, the social aspect of this site doesn't offer me much. I'll probably go back to it, though, for the recommendation aspect.

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

We have found that Blogger has its issues and sometimes doesn't do what you want it to do. Glad you tried though.

Virtual Services Team said...

Keep up the good work. You're almost done.