Tuesday, March 13, 2007

#10: The image generator was fun. If I ever do anything with one of them that I like enough to post I will add it to my page.

# 11: In the winner category I looked at Blognicient. It does have the advantage of linking to many blogs all in one place, but on the day I looked at it I didn't find anything useful and
the time I spent was not profitable. I might read it again if I'm looking for a diversion but there are other things I'd prefer to spend my time on. It is mind boggling to see even a fraction of the number of people who are out there giving their opinions on current events (and everything else as well. ) So far, though, I haven't found it compelling.
Other sites explored: Propsmart, which I didn't like as much as Zillow (which was second place.) ; Judy's book-didn't hold my interest. Wayfaring--which looked interesting, but I'm really really tired of sites you have to create an account for before you can use them. If I ever really need to make a map, however, I'll go back to it. I also looked at lots of others not memorable enough to mention. I really tried to find something I'd want to return to, but I eventually had to give up.


#12 Rollyo. I don't get it. It has been a long time since I posted anything on my blog and mostly it's Rollyo's fault. For some reason I started the Week 5 tasks with it and I could not understand anything about it. Their explanation of what they are for is minimal, the examples they show are not compelling to me, and I could not see a use to me. I went back to it several times and explored some of their examples but still couldn't understand why I would want it. Until Sandra sent out an email saying we didn't have to actually set one up I was beginning to think I would never get past this exercise. My final conclusion is that perhaps if you had a lot of favorite sites that were limited to a single interest area, perhaps it would help you search just those sites for some particular piece of information. Is that it?

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Play with more image generators @ CustomSignGenerator.com (DIY logos, buttons, comics, banners, smilies, buttons, avatars, gag signs, email sigs, etc)