Monday, March 19, 2007

#13 Delicious -- This one I like! I especially like that I can access my bookmarks anywhere. I'm not crazy about the name, though, because I can never remember where to put the dots. And unfortunately the directions are terrible. Perhaps if you spend a lot of time doing things like this it would seem second nature to you, but even when I read the help it doesn't help much. I tried to add something to the library's delicious site but it asked for a password that I didn't have and couldn't find among the many things I had about L2.0. I looked at other libraries' delicious sites and didn't find most of them useful because I thought the pages were very dense and mostly seemed to offer random things that were not interesting to me. Sometimes I couldn't even find their delicious page from their main page ( good idea on your part to put the delicious link right in your material.) I never saw other people's comments about listings. So, I don't think I will be the person who gets the most out of this site, but I will get something valuable to me. As far as using it for research I suppose a thoughtfully constructed, well laid out site could be useful if you could make it visually clearer than the lists of things I saw at the sites I looked at. Actually, I may have seen a better looking page somewhere on our library's site last week when I started working on this. I didn't encounter it today, though, when I was poking around. I have my own delicious account and I have put some bookmarks on it and I can use it at work so I'm happy with this one.

No comments: