Friday, February 2, 2007

Week 3 I have been exploring You Tube a bit. I am amazed at the cleverness of some people-- I saw some very well done tiny little films. It's great that people have a distribution vehicle for their creations. I'm also amazed by the amount of commercial stuff that is on You Tube. What about copyright laws? If Napster was shut down, how does this part of You Tube continue to survive? I have thought since we got TiVo at home that eventually the set-top box would turn TV upside down as more and more people get them. The concept of prime time goes out the window when you can watch whatever you want whenever you want. And who will watch commercials if they don't have to? You Tube seems to be another nail in the coffin with its offerings of things you didn't TiVo.

No comments: